Below are some useful tips for when to book your furniture removal with The Smooth Mover.
BOOKING YOUR FURNITURE REMOVAL
Contact us, as soon as you have a settlement, rental move or new build completion date. You are welcome to contact us before this for our rates.
If you are planning a move around a public holiday make sure you get in quick! as the week prior to or following a long weekend tend to get booked up pretty fast.
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are high demand days for the moving industry, so book well in advance if you require one of these days.
If you do have a choice of moving dates, or you haven’t yet set a date for your settlement move, opt for a Monday to Wednesday. The Smooth Mover offers discounted rates for these days. It will also be easier to get your move booked.
If you have a last minute move, please check with us, on occasion we do have clients postpone their moves so spaces do come available at short notice.
ESTIMATING THE QUANTITY OF YOUR FURNITURE REMOVAL
In most cases your move will be before or after another move (unless your move requires a whole day). When booking please tell us as much about your move as you can, such as
- Indicative quantity of goods to be moved (if you are moving house, the number of bedrooms, lounges, study, rumpus is a good indicator). Don’t forget garage, extra storage areas and outdoor items.
- Any special/difficult items (eg. piano, side-by-side fridge, trampoline, antiques, spa, lots of pot plants).
- Access difficulties at either property (are there are lots of stairs involved, a lengthy walk from the property to the truck parking space, or is there a particularly steep, narrow or winding driveway?)
Informing us of these things in advance will ensure we are fully prepared for your move, and schedule sufficient time to complete your move without delaying our subsequent customers.
There are many variables that can affect the time it takes to move your home.
- Level of preparedness – the more prepared you the are the faster the whole move will be.
- Weather – wet weather can slow a move, care of your items and our staff are paramount.
- Access conditions – difficult access can add time to the move especially if the items need to be walked a distance to the truck.
- Number of Men – different sized homes require different number of men. Read more about our Third Man.