Apartment moving certainly has its own set of challenges. The overall moving logistics are a lot more technical than moving into a plain ground level townhouse, you have a lot more to think about such as elevators, stairwells, access to apartment building for your removal truck and so forth.
Here are some helpful tips to help you and The Smooth Mover, to complete a seamless transition to your new home.
Access into the Apartment
- Make sure that you talk with the apartment manager about how other moves have gone in the past. What have others done?
- Find out whether there is a service elevator in the building rather than just the resident elevators, sometimes these elevators are larger and can take more weight.
- Book an elevator key – this will ensure a faster load and unload time.
- Make sure that your furniture will fit, measure any existing furniture and visit your new apartment, measuring things such as the elevator door opening, corridors, apartment door etc. Take note of any stair or tight corridor corners that may cause a problem – photograph if need be.
- If you are downsizing to an apartment you will either have to be ruthless when packing, gift or donate away items that you really just don’t need anymore. Alternatively organise for a storage unit until you have time to sort out. Advise us if you plan to do this so we can book a 2nd drop off location for your current booking.
- If you are buying furniture, consider going with styles that can be disassembled and reassemble each time you move. Our guys can help you with this on the day.
- Again talk with the apartment manager, as to the standard protocol for moving trucks.
- If underground parking is available, make sure you advise us as to Maximum height allowed, so that we can allocate the correct truck on your move day.
Above all make sure you pass on all this information to us prior to your move date, this will ensure a SMOOTH! move on the day. (you are welcome to email photos of anything you may think will become a problem) or contact us to make a booking 0800 36 36 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org