Trampolines are Great Fun
Sure, trampolines are great fun for kids and adults alike. But they can be a real challenge on moving day!
The sheer size and shape of them often mean they will not fit in a furniture moving truck. And if they do, will often require a dedicated load between addresses (maybe with outdoor furniture and BBQ thrown in).
They will often therefore require full disassembly – especially if it’s important to fit everything in a single load – as is usually the case in moves involving settlement and specific timings around getting keys and access.
It can be a time consuming process to pull apart and then reassemble at the new property. To ensure a speedy and efficient move, we would highly recommend (where possible) that trampolines are disassembled prior to the movers’ arrival. If not, we need to know about them in advance – so we can schedule time and truck size accordingly.
Springfree Trampolines do offer a service of disassembling, moving and reassembling their tramps. Please see www.springfreetrampoline.co.nz/relocation-services
We would also recommend you think about the need to take your trampoline with you. Will you have sufficient space at your new property? Do your kids still use it? If not, it may be sensible to list it on Trade Me (with the buyer responsible for removing it ahead of your move date). Or see if the new people moving in might want it?
Occasionally our clients move very close by – so we can take the tramp for a little walk. But only if it’s safe with regards to traffic, overhead obstructions, etc. And only if it can safely be gotten out from your current property and back into your new property in one piece!
Contact us today to book your next move and let us know if you have a trampoline!
Below are some useful tips for when to book your furniture removal with The Smooth Mover.
BOOKING YOUR FURNITURE REMOVAL
Contact us, as soon as you have a settlement, rental move or new build completion date. You are welcome to contact us before this for our rates.
If you are planning a move around a public holiday make sure you get in quick! as the week prior to or following a long weekend tend to get booked up pretty fast.
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are high demand days for the moving industry, so book well in advance if you require one of these days.
If you do have a choice of moving dates, or you haven’t yet set a date for your settlement move, opt for a Monday to Wednesday. The Smooth Mover offers discounted rates for these days. It will also be easier to get your move booked.
If you have a last minute move, please check with us, on occasion we do have clients postpone their moves so spaces do come available at short notice.
ESTIMATING THE QUANTITY OF YOUR FURNITURE REMOVAL
In most cases your move will be before or after another move (unless your move requires a whole day). When booking please tell us as much about your move as you can, such as
- Indicative quantity of goods to be moved (if you are moving house, the number of bedrooms, lounges, study, rumpus is a good indicator). Don’t forget garage, extra storage areas and outdoor items.
- Any special/difficult items (eg. piano, side-by-side fridge, trampoline, antiques, spa, lots of pot plants).
- Access difficulties at either property (are there are lots of stairs involved, a lengthy walk from the property to the truck parking space, or is there a particularly steep, narrow or winding driveway?)
Informing us of these things in advance will ensure we are fully prepared for your move, and schedule sufficient time to complete your move without delaying our subsequent customers.
DURATION OF A FURNITURE REMOVAL
There are many variables that can affect the time it takes to move your home.
- Level of preparedness – the more prepared you the are the faster the whole move will be.
- Weather – wet weather can slow a move, care of your items and our staff are paramount.
- Access conditions – difficult access can add time to the move especially if the items need to be walked a distance to the truck.
- Number of Men – different sized homes require different number of men. Read more about our Third Man.
Apartment moving certainly has its own set of challenges. The overall moving logistics are a lot more technical than moving into a plain ground level townhouse, you have a lot more to think about such as elevators, stairwells, access to apartment building for your removal truck and so forth.
Here are some helpful tips to help you and The Smooth Mover, to complete a seamless transition to your new home.
Access into the Apartment
- Make sure that you talk with the apartment manager about how other moves have gone in the past. What have others done?
- Find out whether there is a service elevator in the building rather than just the resident elevators, sometimes these elevators are larger and can take more weight.
- Book an elevator key – this will ensure a faster load and unload time.
- Make sure that your furniture will fit, measure any existing furniture and visit your new apartment, measuring things such as the elevator door opening, corridors, apartment door etc. Take note of any stair or tight corridor corners that may cause a problem – photograph if need be.
- If you are downsizing to an apartment you will either have to be ruthless when packing, gift or donate away items that you really just don’t need anymore. Alternatively organise for a storage unit until you have time to sort out. Advise us if you plan to do this so we can book a 2nd drop off location for your current booking.
- If you are buying furniture, consider going with styles that can be disassembled and reassemble each time you move. Our guys can help you with this on the day.
- Again talk with the apartment manager, as to the standard protocol for moving trucks.
- If underground parking is available, make sure you advise us as to Maximum height allowed, so that we can allocate the correct truck on your move day.
Above all make sure you pass on all this information to us prior to your move date, this will ensure a SMOOTH! move on the day. (you are welcome to email photos of anything you may think will become a problem) or contact us to make a booking 0800 36 36 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you trying to decide how many men you require for your move? while still keeping to your budget? Our advice is don’t forget about The Third Man, sometimes he can get quite lonely.
Yes, we can all agree that our two man rate is lower than our three man rate, but is two always better than three when you are trying to save some $$?
The truth is that three men working on your household or office removal can get your move completed 50% faster than with two men (or put another way you will have less overall hours than you would with two men).
It’s all in the co-ordination of the loading and unloading, fitting the furniture in like a giant jenga puzzle so that nothing moves or gets damaged during a trip and the basic truth is that three men can get this task done more efficiently than two. The extra man power is also great for those difficult or heavy items so they can manage more safely and efficiently.
The Smooth Mover are able to provide you with a recommendation of how many men you may require and allocate these men to your move based on the information that you provide to us. So please don’t under report how big your move really is, think about the third man, he is always there ready to help and in the end will reduce the overall cost of your move!.
To obtain a quote please contact The Smooth Mover on 0800363610 or submit an enquiry through our contact form, alternatively email us email@example.com
Moving house? What your moving Company needs to know
What we The Smooth Mover as your moving company need to know from you to ensure a smooth move! This information is over and above the basic information such as location and quantity. The more we know the better we can prepare our staff and vehicles to ensure that your household removal is undertaken as effectively as possible.
- What is the access to both locations like? Steep, flat, overhanging trees, Multiple steps to the address?
- Is the old and new location a single or double story?
- Do you have any unusually large or difficult items such as spa pools, pianos, side by side fridges, large outdoor furniture, trampoline or pot plants, these items may require more men or truck space.
- Is your move a Settlement move? This can effect timings as delivery of your items to your new location is dependent on the time of day your settlement takes place.
For moves outside Auckland we do require a 50% deposit before your move date.
Notify The Smooth Mover as soon as possible if any details regarding your move change – for example the quantity of goods to be moved, destination, dates, settlement times, etc. Contact us on 0800363610 or firstname.lastname@example.org